Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Day!







Today went well. Turkey was yummy, no major
disasters, clean up was easy. I was up at 7am or so
and pulled the turkey out of the brine- I ended up
using s+p, brown sugar, apple juice, rosemary,
lemon and ice h2o- cleaned it up and threw her in
the oven. It took about 4 1/2 hrs. or so, but in that
time I took care of all the sides. I also basted the bird w/
an apple, sage, shallot + cider vinegar "glaze". We had mashed
potatoes w/ cream and butter, green beans w/ bacon+
shallots,jalepeno cornbread, stuffing, sweet potatoes w/ mallows,
and delicious sage gravy made by Craig. I also made some
stuffed mushrooms w/ italian breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley,
o.oil + parm/romano cheese. I have to say, they were
pretty tasty. I made a few pumpkin pies as well--we've
yet to try them. They do smell delicious though.

As for the rest of the afternoon, I'm thinking a nap and some
horribly awesome reality t.v., cheesey t.v. movies and some
Grey's Anatomy later. WOO-HOO, time to relax!

No comments: