Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Today

has been crazy-- workwise.
I will be the happiest little girl in
the world when I'm out of here.

This song reminds me of when I was 20
years old or so and my friend Sasha and
I had a cute house together in the South
Valley on Sunset Drive. We used to have parties
all the time and rocked a number of great
tunes, including this one.

"I am still living with your ghost-
Lonely and dreaming of the west coast.
I don't want to be your downtime,
I don't want to be your stupid game.

With my big black boots and an old suitcase-
I do believe Ill find myself a new place.
I don't want to be the bad guy,
I don't want to do your sleepwalk dance anymore.
I just want to see some palm trees,
Go and try and shake away this disease.

We can live beside the ocean-
Leave the fire behind.
Swim out past the breakers-
Watch the world die."

--Everclear

No comments: