Monday, May 14, 2007

What'cha Eatin'?

Mother's Day just passed, what did you have?
What did you have for lunch?
What's for dinner tonight?
What have you been dreaming about, but haven't
had the oppurtunity to have it for whatever
reason?

I love to eat and I love to cook and try new
things whenever possible, so I'm curious, what
have you had lately that is delicious
and worth talking about?

For Mother's Day, I wanted to make something sweet since
Craig was in the kitchen baking bread and making the
place smell great with that. Then, I spotted the book
I got baby awhile back, James Beard's American Cookery.
After thumbing thru that, I found a recipe for Pineapple
Upside Down cake that looked easy and delicious... and it was.

Here's the rundown of the recipe:

warm butter in the pan that will be used for the cake.
add brown sugar, evenly coating the bottom.
add desired fruit ( i used pinapple AND strawberries since
they are in season ).
add cake batter and bake.

It was pretty good... good enough for Craig and I to eat
almost an entire cake while having our evening tea. The
other 2 ( i made 3 total ) were for the ma's in our lives.

Since Craig did the shopping today, I will make us dinner.
On the menu:

pork cutlets
white rice
roasted sweet corn
green salad
fresh bread (craig is a pro!)

No comments: