Saturday, December 02, 2006

Duran's 'Speed Law'.



"I melt the ice grills into rainwater puddles,
make the proud-hearted leave on the humble
black steel in the hour. Assemble my skill form my power.
My poems crush bones into powder, you mumble like a
coward --I'm Mos Def, you need to speak louder.
SUPER HEROES!
Get your power, your masks and capes snatched-
Brooklyn take what you can't take back, I know a lot of
cats hate that- All I can say black...
there's a city full of walls you can post complaints at.
All the doubters and believers adjust your receivers,
"I feel it," you can taste it through the speakers
The three six oh-riginal sketch lyrics so visual
They rent my rhyme books at your nearest home video"
-Mos Def

Today's music choice is an awesome writer, rapper
+ actor. 'Speed Law' is one of my favorite Mos Def
songs, and I particularly enjoy it driving to work in
the mornings. Appropriately enough, we spotted this
"ride" on our way back from a delicious breakfast at
Duran's Central Pharmacy.






Today, I enjoyed Huevos Rancheros with red chile,beans,
boiled (?) and mashed potatoes + homemade tortillas.
Craig had chicken enchiladas with red and green and
beans with a ton of cheese. It was fabulous as always!
Duran's packs and ships their products as well... excellent
Christmas gift ideas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks so good!
great pics!

Anonymous said...

Is this from Duran's Pharmacy? Did you know that I worked there after the Frontier?
Rachael