Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not Ready To Make Nice...

I like the Dixie Chicks, no matter what anyone says.
I've been digging this song lately, especially since it's
about the backlash of Natalie Maines saying she "is
ashamed our president is from Texas." Who can blame
her-- he is pretty damn embarrassing. This tune has
been overplayed some might say, but it's got some pretty
powerful lyrics.

"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over...

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should..."

--Dixie Chicks

No comments: