Friday, January 05, 2007

Morning Song

this is how I felt this morning:

"Let the phone ring, let's go back to sleep.
Let the world spin outside out door, you're the only one that I wanna see.
Tell your boss you're sick, hurry, get back in I'm getting cold-
Get over here and warm my hands up, boy, it's you they love to hold.
And stop thinking about what your sister said.
Stop worrying about it, the cat's already been fed.
Come on darlin', let's go back to bed...
Put the phone machine on hold-
Leave the dishes in the sink-
Do not answer the door.
It's you that I adore-
I'm gonna give you some more.
We'll sit on the front porch, the sun can warm my feet.
You can drink your coffee with sugar and cream
I'll drink my herbal tea.
Pretend we're perfect strangers and that we never met...
My how you remind me of a man I used to sleep with-
that's a face I'd never forget.
You can be Henry Miller and I'll be Anais Nin-
Except this time it'll be even better,
We'll stay together in the end.
Come on darlin', let's go back to bed...
Put the phone machine on hold-
Leave the dishes in the sink-
do not answer the door.
For you, I'd be a poor man's wife-
I'm gonna give you some more."


--Jewel/Pieces of You

I'M SUCH A SAP.

I used to listen to this album all the time back
in 1995 when it came out. I love Jewel's voice
and her ability to write beautiful poetry/music.

I really did not want to get out of bed this morning-
it was all nice and warm and comfy. Craig and Bumbs
love to sleep and be in bed as much as I do, so I
know they felt the same. BUT, unfortunately we both
had things to do which required us to get out of bed.
We do get to sleep in tomorrow though-yay!

We rented some movies, so we'll watch those tonight.
We did watch 'Jackass 2' last night and it was so
disgustingly hilarious- we loved it! Tonight we'll
watch 'the Black Dahlia' and 'Talledegga Nights'...
we'll see.

No comments: