Monday, April 09, 2007

HEATHENS

Craig and I relaxed together all day on Saturday
and it was FABULOUS! We made breakfast together -
pancakes, eggs, green chile + cheese enchiladas,
potatoes, bacon and tortillas, coffee and oj.
While we were doing so, this was on the play list:

"Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells
me there’s a fit about to get thrown.
If we get the van out of the ditch before
morning, ain’t nobody got to know what I done.
And I never hear a single word you say when
you tell me not to have my fun.
It’s the same old shit that I ain’t gonna take off anyone.
And I don’t need to be forgiven, by them people in the
neighborhood. When we first hooked up, you looked me in
the eye and said “Paw, we just ain’t no good”.

We were Heathens in their eyes at the time, I guess I am
just a Heathen still. And I never have repented from the
wrongs that they say I have done. I done what I feel...

It was a difficult delivery, now it’s growing up mean and
strong. When you tell me that it’s getting a little bit tight,
ain’t the first time I been outgrown. And I’m gonna push a
little harder. She ain’t revved till the rods are thrown.
I ‘ll walk away...

And I don’t need to be forsaken by you or anybody else.
and I never had a shortage of people tryin’ to warn me about
the dangers I pose to myself.
Heathens.

These times can take their toll sometimes and I know you feel
the same way too. It gets so hard to keep between the ditches
when the roads wind the way they do."

--Drive-By Truckers

Later that afternoon, we felt like some Asian food,
so we thought we'd try the Japanese place up the street
from our house, but they decided to close early that day
for some reason. So, instead we had Kai's Kung Fu- also
up the street from our house. We also took Bumbs on 2 walks
that afternoon. For dinner, Craig made us a roasted chicken
and it rocked! We sat around in our pajamas the rest of the
night and enjoyed each others company. I'm very lucky to have
such a great friend and lover face in Craig.




(this pic was from last summer, we were having ice cream and
angus is behind the camera.)

1 comment:

death said...

sweet pic!